Are you ready to get divorced? If you’re unhappy and think you’re ready to call it quits, answer the following five questions:
Dr. Phil’s Divorce Readiness Test:
- Have you done everything you can to save and rehabilitate your marriage?
- Do you have unfinished emotional business?
- Have you researched, planned, and prepared yourself legally for divorce?
- Are you ready to adopt a new standard of conduct with your children?
- Are you willing to create a new relationship as a co-parent?
Dr. Phil believes most people in America are too quick to get divorced. You shouldn’t get a divorce, he says, until you’ve turned over every stone and investigated every avenue of rehabilitation possible; you have no unfinished emotional business; you’ve researched, planned and prepared yourself legally; you’re ready to adopt a new standard of conduct with your children and you’re willing to create a new relationship as a co-parent.